St John's Wort with Gingko & Magnesium
High levels of cortisol from stress really interferes with weight loss. However being able to stay calm and relax while life happens is another level of hard. Especially when you chuck in a few wayward hormones into that mix.
St John's Wort is the strangest sounding thing but when I looked into it further discovered it's one of the best known herbs for supporting a balanced mood and helping with nervous tension and stress. This product contains 2000mg in a convenient, easy to swallow capsule and I preferred that level of dose because I could vary it between 1 - 3 capsules spread out over the day depending on the level of support I felt I needed.
I found it made a big difference in keeping me with more of an even keel to glide through the day, even when facing strong head winds and some stormy seas ;)
Features and benefits:
Supporting a balanced mood.
Balances body and mind during seasonal changes.
Helping to calm and relax nervous tension.
Supporting your nervous system.
Ingredient information per capsule: What each capsule contains is:
St John’s Wort herb equiv. dry 2000mg
St John’s Wort has been extensively researched, and has repeatedly been shown to help with balancing mood in three ways
• by helping to inhibit a brain chemical called monoamine oxidase. This allows higher levels of certain “good” neurotransmitters: other brain chemicals that help to maintain a balanced mood
• by increasing the beneficial effects people get from sunlight.
• through one of the active ingredients, hypericin, that may affect the way our pineal glands release a neurotransmitter called melatonin. Melatonin helps to regulate our mood and sleepiness/wakefulness levels.
Gingko Ginkgo leaf ext. equiv. dry 100mg
• Ginkgo leaves are rich in antioxidant nutrients called flavonoids and proanthocyanidins. These nutrients help to maintain circulation through your blood vessels – especially in your hands and feet.
• Ginkgo also supports circulation in the blood vessels in your brain, which may help to lift your mood.
Magnesium (as oxide) 40mg
• Magnesium is a vital mineral that helps to relax your body and mind and although not the best bio-available type your body will still absorb it to derive health benefits. Magnesium can also be used to treat constipation, indigestion, and headaches.
• L-Glutamine is the only amino acid that can cross the blood-brain barrier. It is converted into Glutamic acid in your brain, where it’s used as brain fuel. It also helps to form a brain chemical called Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), which has a calming action on your brain.
• L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that your brain needs to create dopamine, noradrenalin, and adrenalin – key mood-balancing neurotransmitters (brain chemicals).
• Tyrosine may to help increase neurotransmitter levels in the brain.
What each capsule does NOT contain: Contains No gluten, no wheat, no dairy products, no egg, no soy, no artificial colours, no artificial flavours, no artificial sweetners and no preservatives.
Features: antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, prebiotic. Organic, Non GMO, Kosher. Refrigeration is not needed. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Macros: Net Carbs 0g, Fat 0g, Protein 0g, Sodium 0g, Potassium 0mg
Allergens: Free from Gluten, wheat, animal products, dairy products, egg-free, soy-free, no artificial colours, no artificial flavours, no artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
Cautions: Always read the label and use only as directed. Monitor yourself if you take blood sugar medication.