100% Pure Vitamin C - Ascorbic Acid 200g
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin and also an electrolyte helpful in supporting your body's healing process. It's also needed to form blood vessels, cartilage, muscle and collagen in bones. It also keeps your skin, bones and connective tissue healthy as well as help your body absorb iron from food.
• Odourless, and dissolves readily in water, giving a slightly sour like taste.
• Contains no added flavours or sweeteners.
• Manufactured by specialist high purity Vitamin C producer with over 20 years dedicated experience.
Are Ketoers at risk of low Vitamin C ?
Vitamin C is not abundant in animal products and typically citrus fruits are the main source. Therefore a Ketoer who skimps on their vegetable intake and avoids citrus fruits due to high levels of fructose, sugars and insulin spikes, is susceptible to a low Vitamin C intake.
What makes this Vitamin C a good choice ?
• Ascorbic acid is the type of vitamin C found naturally in food and it has good bioavailability.
• This product is the highest purity possible, made by a business who has specialised in Vitamin C products for over 20 years.
Ingredients: Vitamin C - ascorbic acid.
Contains No: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, soybeans, artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives. It's just 100% pure and free from all this stuff.
How to use
Easily dissolves in water, drinks, smoothies.
Anywhere that powder can go, this can.
While it doesn't have a flavour, it has a slightly sour taste.
Composition of this product
Each gram of this product contains 1000mg of Vitamin C.
There are 100 serves of 1000mg in this jar.
The RDA (recommended dietary allowance) of Vitamin C, that provides antioxidant protection is: 90mg per day for adult men or 75mg per day for adult women.
NZ Nutrition Foundation's recommendation is 45mg or 0.045gram
The upper limit being 2000mg or 2g per day.
While Vitamin C is a largely helpful nutrient, it is a water-soluble nutrient, which is best absorbed when you take them on an empty stomach. An ideal way would be to take your supplement first thing in the morning, 30-45 minutes before a meal.
Taking small measures
We highly recommend you get a small set of measuring spoons with this product, so that you can dose in a repeatable way. Available from the drop down menu, along with the pure Magnesium Glycinate powder. This set of 5 measures provides you with a TAD 1/4 tsp, DASH 1/8 tsp, PINCH 1/16 tsp, SMIDGEN 1/32 tsp and DROP 1/64 tsp.
What functions does Vitamin C perform within the body?
• Vitamin C is required for the biosynthesis of collagen
• it's involved in protein metabolism
• wound healing
• when combined with iron or foods high in iron, it leads to better absorption
• plays a role in enhanced brain function
• antioxidant properties guards against chronic disease
• Vitamin C strengthens the immune system.
People with existing health problems should talk to a medical professional first, before supplementing. If you're taking existing medications, you can easily phone your pharmacist to check. This product is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease.