~ White Bread GF, DF Paleo & Keto Recipe Inspiration
PSMF Bread - Recipe in text below
Hey folks Indigo Nili has tinkered and made Maria Emmerich's Protein Sparing or PSMF Bread even better! With no yeast or proving, it only requires mixing for 10 minutes before baking and fits perfectly into a Gluten-free, Dairy Free, Keto and PSMF eating regimes (there's more info about that below).
The combination of free range Egg White Powder, Allulose with the best purity and Whole Egg Powder are all essential elements when combined get a texture that's just so soft yet textured just like regular white bread. It's amazing and takes the original PSMF bread by Maria Emmerich (that this recipe is based on) up to the next level! Just check out these macros ... they are SO awesome! as is this bread. And don't forget to add nutritional yeast - for a slight savoury cheese flavour to the bread, or rely on your toppings for any desired flavour.
Macros: for 1 slice out of 16: Total Carbs 0.4g, Protein 6.8g, Fat 0.6g, Energy 151 kJ. For the whole loaf Total Carbs are 6.4g and Protein is 108.2g that's amazingly good to eat!
Ordering Tips: We sell the ingredients in varying sizes to make this taste sensation. To purchase click under the Ingredients field above, simply select each and add them to your cart.
Ingredients for 1 serving
(* = available here at Keto Store NZ)
120g (1.5 US Cups) Egg White Protein Powder*
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar*
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt*
36g (1/4 Cup) Allulose*
354ml (1.5 US Cups) water
20g (3 Tablespoons) Whole Egg Powder*
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast Powder (Optional but highly recommended to add a lovely flavour to the bread)
fun fact: we go off the grams and ml measurements when using USA recipes because
A USA Cup is approx 235 ml and a NZ/Australian Cup is 250 ml
A USA/NZ Tablespoon is 15ml an Australian Tablespoon is 20ml
- Preheat oven to 160 C and line a loaf pan with parchment / baking paper.
- Into a mixer pour 354ml water
- Add the 120g Egg White Protein Powder, 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar, 1/2 tsp Salt, 36g Allulose and optional 1 tsp Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast.
- On low speed start mixing and then increase the speed to maximum to beat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the 20g or 3 TBS of the Whole Egg Powder at bit at a time. Mix until combined and there are no lumps left.
- Moving quickly, spread the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment / baking paper. Smooth the top and shape with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 C
- If you've made a large loaf, bake for 40 minutes
- If you've made 2 smaller loaves, bake for 33 minutes
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper wrapping and allow to rest on a wire rack until completely cool to the touch. Slice and enjoy.
Video: Watch how Nili makes this bread here
Storage: Store this bread in the fridge / freezer until needed.
PSMF is the idea of using your own stored body fat for weight loss instead of adding lots of extra fat to your meals. Most people that PSMF do this 2-3 times a week, eating keto or carnivore the rest of the time. On Protein Sparing days you want to stick to lean proteins like fish, egg whites, chicken, lean beef etc. And always have electrolytes* No-one recommends doing any keto without them, but especially during PSMF, getting enough salt is incredibly important!
So who would benefit the most from PSMF? Anyone who is not quite getting the results they desire. If your weight is stubbornly stable and yet you've got plenty of stored body fat to use. Or even if you are fast losing motivation and need to get some food variety in your life. Then you'll benefit loads from introducing the Protein Sparing Modified Fasting method.