Oat Fibre - 500g
Oat Fibre has a mild taste and a very fine powdered texture, it is the perfect ingredient for low-carb baking. It contains zero net carbs and zero calories per serving because it is almost entirely insoluble fibre.
Getting enough fibre into your daily diet can be difficult, but not anymore! You can add Oat Fibre to your favourite recipes, smoothies, or simply sprinkle on your favourite foods and beverages for a calorie-free fibre boost.
Tips to use: Because the lighter Oat Fibre is as the name suggests, way lighter, go off the cup measurements in recipes (not the grams weight) otherwise you'll be adding way to much into your mixture.
Terminology: Oat Fiber / Fibre is the same thing, just using the American spelling.
Benefits and claims: sugar free, high fibre, gut health, regularity, avoid constipation.
Features: zero calories, no sugar, non GMO, Vegan, Keto
Macros: based on 1 tsp: Net Carbs 0g, Fat 0g, Protein 0g, Sodium 0g, Dietary Fibre 3g
Allergens and Gluten-free status: this oat fibre is a gluten-free product obtained from uncontaminated oat. It does not contain any other allergens.
• In NZ oats themselves aren't considered gluten free (due to the Avenin in the Oat plant) even if they are classified as gluten free overseas.
• Where this product was grown, there has been no cross contamination with wheat in the fields.
• This Oat Fibre is derived from the part of the oat plant without the gluten/Avenin
• The supplier's premises where this oat fibre is processed has been independently audited as being gluten-free.
• All the products manufactured by the supplier are gluten-free.
Keto Friendly Recipes using this Keto Ingredient: Blueberry Muffins, Even Better 90 Second Bread, Keto Oatmeal. Oat Fiber Buttermilk Pancakes. This product is used to make Diedre's low carb bread (2015) recipe which was made popular by Keto King (2019) and by Elle Herself (2020). Also in Victoria's Keto Kitchen flours (2023).
When searching in google for recipes use "keto recipes using Oat Fiber" to see the American ones. Also remember the cup sizes in the USA are 240ml, not 250ml like here in NZ.
Oat Fibre can replace up to 10% of any flour in a recipe without much alterations to liquids or fat content. Anything more and you'd expect to tweak the recipe because Oat Fibre is quite absorbent.