Burrito PSMF - Recipe in text below
Hey folks Rebecca McQueen has invented such a good burrito - one that can be relied upon to hold everything together with ahh-mazing folds and not only does it toast up really well, it fits perfectly into the PSMF eating regime (there's more info about that below).
And do you know what the best thing about a burrito is? you can have breakfast burritos (think bacon with cheese to go), lunch burritos (cold meats with salad) and dinner burritos (warm mince or meat leftovers with melty cheese). They are so versatile and so yum at any time of the day!
Macros: for 1 serve: Net Carbs 2g, Protein 14g, Fat 0g, Energy 70g.
Ordering Tips: We sell the ingredients in varying sizes to make this taste sensation, and have compiled them here for your ease of ordering. To purchase click under the Ingredients field above, simply select each and add them to your cart. And should you get your delivery and go "what the heck did I get that for again?" just look at your order email; the name of this recipe will be right there to prompt you :) too easy
Ingredients for 1 serving
(* = available here at Keto Store NZ)
2 egg whites
Pinch of cream of tartar*
a good pinch of Salt
half teaspoon Garlic Powder*
half teaspoon Onion Powder*
any other seasonings of your choice
1 teaspoon Allulose* (it needs to be allulose for the texture)
1 Tablespoon Egg White Protein Powder*
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- In a mixer / hand mixer beat 2 egg whites and a pinch of cream of tartar until just stiff peaks
- Sprinkle in 1 Tablespoon egg white protein powder
- Add in 1 teaspoon Allulose (it must be Allulose to get the right texture)
- Sprinkle in the salt, garlic powder, onion powder and any seasonings you want.
- Beat it quickly just to incorporate the dry ingredients
- Line a baking tray and spray/grease the paper well
- Spread the mixture out thinly and evenly with a spoon on the tray
- Bake at 160 until golden brown and remove the wraps
- Allow to cool slightly then peel off the paper and they are good to use
- Free flow them and store them in the fridge / freezer until needed.
PSMF is the idea of using your own stored body fat for weight loss instead of adding lots of extra fat to your meals. Most people that PSMF do this 2-3 times a week, eating keto or carnivore the rest of the time. On Protein Sparing days you want to stick to lean proteins like fish, egg whites, chicken, lean beef etc. And always have electrolytes* No-one recommends doing any keto without them, but especially during PSMF, getting enough salt is incredibly important!
So who would benefit the most from PSMF? Anyone who is not quite getting the results they desire. If your weight is stubbornly stable and yet you've got plenty of stored body fat to use. Or even if you are fast losing motivation and need to get some food variety in your life. Then you'll benefit loads from introducing the Protein Sparing Modified Fasting method.
And what's the fastest and easiest way to get going or learn about PSMF without having to read a library? Reach out to Rebecca McQueen on Facebook or email for some tailored coaching about the PSMF way of eating to seriously use up your stored body fat for weight-loss.