Viral Keto Egg Noodle Recipe Inspiration
This keto egg noodle recipe contains no vital wheat gluten, oat fibre, psyllium husk, almond flour or coconut flour. This is the closest substitute for keto spaghetti or egg noodles. They are prepared and cooked in the bath when making this recipe, so all you need to do is to add your sauce. It is such fun to make using molecular gastronomy and it will blow your mind!
Noodle Macros per 100gm when made with all ingredients: Net Carbs 0.1g, Energy 120kJ, Protein 1.7g, Fat 2g, Saturated 0.7g, sugars 0g, Dietary Fibre 0.6g and Sodium 4mg
Ordering Tips: We sell both the individual ingredients in varying sizes to make this taste sensation, and have also compiled them into a recipe twin pack (already pre-weighed so each pack makes 300g of noodles). To purchase simply click under the Ingredients field above, select options and add to your cart.
Ingredients for 4 servings (makes approx 600g of noodles)
(* = available here at Keto Store NZ)
3 Cups filtered water
3 Tablespoons egg yolk powder*
2 Tablespoons lupin flour*
1/2 teaspoon sea salt*
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum*
2 Tablespoons Sodium Alginate* (not the 3 Tablespoons in the video)
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder for colour
1 Litre squeezy bottle*
FOR CALCIUM BATH
7 Cups filtered water
1 Tablespoon Calcium Chloride* (to make noodles that can be handled better) it's better in this recipe than Calcium Lactate.
In a blender add all the noodle ingredients listed above
Blend on high speed until mixture thickens
Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 30 mins to allow bubbles to rise to the top
Prepare the calcium bath by mixing the calcium chloride and water listed above.
Using a spoon or spatula, scrape off any bubbles that have formed on the surface of the noodle mixture. Add turmeric powder to colour the noodles.
Mix well to combine then transfer the mixture into a squeeze bottle
- Hold the bottle in one hand, with your other hand stirring the solution in the calcium bath in one direction.
- Extrude on the side of the bowl and give space for the gel wall to form.
Hint: Do not touch the noodles until they have set.
- Click here for a video by Keto Asian Flavours showing how to make Keto Spaghetti & Egg Noodles. An amazing invention by an amazing woman! Note the amount of sodium alginate is 2 TBS, not 3 as in the notes to the video.
- Put the noodles into an airtight container and use the liquid from the calcium bath to cover them. Over time they will harden up, so use the method and ingredients below to soften them before eating.
- Click here to see a video about storing egg noodles, using the kelp noodles as an example.
- After you've stored the noodles, you may wish to soften them back up before using.
- Ingredients you’ll need (per 1-2 serving) 3 Cups hot tap water, 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice and 1 Tablespoon of baking soda*
- Click here to see a video how to soften egg or kelp noodles