Keto Not Cross Bun Mix
These buns are back by popular demand, based on this year's Hot Cross Bun mix, just without the cross. So now you can have them year round and enjoy the evolution of keto methods and ingredients with our 'not cross buns'. These have both ah-mazing taste and texture, and are just like the real thing! And psst you can even make this into a loaf of spiced bread too!
Here are 6 things that make this year's Not Cross Bun Mix from us here at the Keto Store just SO epic
• 11 Real ingredients - all are the best quality, natural, lowest carb ingredients in a combined ready-to-make mix.
• 1.3g per bun Real low carbs - With no preservatives or nasties, our mix is handmade in small batches to maintain freshness, so it doesn't sit on the shelves for ages.
• Real innovations - using the latest keto baking methods, you may gain new baking techniques while making these not cross buns. So light and fluffy, you won't believe they're pure keto.
• Real photos - no polished stock images here, our photos are just as we made them. Deliciously realistic, wonky and ah-mazing. Seriously, check out those buns!
• Real simple instructions with hints, based on our experiences making and testing heaps of times.
• You! We've ironed out the kinks leaving you a repeatable path to achieve your own Keto Not Cross Bun perfection. Magic!
Q: What do you get in the pack?
A: Included in the pack is a sachet of yeast, a spiced base mix and all the dry ingredients needed to make 'not cross buns'. What's not in the pack but I'd highly recommend you get one, is a digital thermometer, because if the water is too hot in step #1 you kill the yeast and it's flatville from there on in.
Q: how many carbs?
A: 1.3g per bun or 17.2g for the whole batch (which makes a baker's dozen, 13). The macros change based on the number you make / how large you shape the buns from the total batch of dough. From our experience 80g of dough makes a good sized bun.
Q: any allergens?
A: the bun mix does contain gluten (but in not cross buns, there's not an almond in sight)
Q: what other ingredients do I need to add to the pre-mix?
A: Water and 1 teaspoon of sugar to activate the yeast (don't worry, the sugar gets gobbled up in the leavening process) + 2 eggs and 15g melted butter.
and psst ... if you want to add that yumminess to your other bread mixes too, we've got the Hot Cross Bun/Bread Spice Mix available separately too.
Q: Can I make these into Chocolate Spiced Buns?
A: yes, just add 250g broken up pieces of Belgian Milk or Dark chocolate buttons or 200g Dark Chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of good quality Cocoa Powder.
Q: What are the ingredients?
• There is a sachet of Yeast included.
• The Keto Not Cross Bun base mixture has Wheat Protein (Gluten), Golden Flaxseed, Oat Fibre, Erythritol, Monkfruit, Xanthan, Spices, Vanilla and Inulin
Q: How do I get the instructions to make the not cross buns?
A: The method steps are listed on the label on the back of the packet. These are a yeasted product and do take kneading and time to prove. But trust us, it's SO worth it. Good things take time and your house will smell amazing. Enjoy.