Keto Hot Cross Bun Mix
You can stop dragging out those tired, stodgy, dry and just plain sad old hot cross bun recipes because in this past year Keto methods and ingredients have evolved to be SO much better.
Here are 6 things that make this year's Hot Cross Bun Mix from us here at the Keto Store just SO epic
• Real ingredients - 12 ingredients, natural and pure, combined into a ready-to-go mix.
• Real low carbs - 21g carbs for the whole batch - 1.6g per bun. We select the best quality, natural, lowest carb foods with no preservatives or nasties. Our mix doesn't sit on the shelves for ages, it's made by hand in small batches to maintain freshness.
• Real innovations - using the latest keto baking methods, you may gain new baking techniques while making these hot cross buns. So light and fluffy, you won't believe they're pure keto.
• Real photos - no polished stock images here, our photos are just as we made them. Deliciously realistic, wonky and ahmazing. Seriously, check out those buns!
• Real simple instructions with hints, based on our experiences making and testing heaps of times.
• You! We've ironed out the kinks leaving you a repeatable path to achieve your own Keto Hot Cross Bun perfection. Magic!
Q: What do you get in the pack?
A: Included in the pack is a sachet of yeast, a spiced base mixture for the hot cross buns and the mixture to make crosses (in a handy bag that you can pipe them from).
And I would recommend you have a digital thermometer too, because if the water is too hot in step #1 you kill the yeast and it's flatville from there on in.
Q: how many carbs?
A: 21g for the whole batch. Then divide by the number of hot cross buns you make:
~ 100g of dough in each bun, makes 13 hot cross buns (1.6g carbs per hot cross bun).
~ 80g of dough in each bun, makes 16 hot cross buns (1.3g carbs per hot cross bun).
The number it makes depends on how large you shape the buns from the dough.
Q: any allergens?
A: the bun mix does contain gluten (but not an almond in sight)
The cross mixture contains a little bit of ultra-fine almonds in the mix.
Q: what other ingredients do I need to add to the pre-mix?
A: Water and 1 teaspoon of sugar to activate the yeast (don't worry, the sugar gets gobbled up in the leavening process) + 2 eggs and 15g melted butter.
And because not everyone loves fruit with their hot cross buns - we've got optional extras available like
• 30g fine organic orange peel (SOLD OUT)
• 100g golden berries (now SOLD OUT)
and psst ... if you want to add that yumminess to your bread mixes too, we've got the Hot Cross Bun/Bread Spice Mix available separately too.
Q: Can I make these into Chocolate Hot Cross Buns?
A: yes, just add 250g broken up pieces of Belgian Milk or Dark chocolate buttons or 200g Dark Chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder.
Q: What are the ingredients?
• There is a sachet of Yeast included.
• The Keto Hot Cross Bun base mixture has Wheat Protein (Gluten), Flaxseed, Oat Fibre, Erythritol, Monkfruit, Xanthan, Spices, Vanilla and Inulin
• The cross mixture is Keto Flour made up of Almond, Oat Fibre, Egg White, Xanthan, Allulose and Monkfruit, Salt.
Q: Are these hot cross buns gluten free?
A: No, this year's hot cross bun recipe contains gluten. However we have a gluten free hot cross bun recipe inspiration for those with gluten considerations, available here.
Q: How do I get the instructions to make the hot cross buns?
A: The method steps are listed on the back of the packet