Viral Keto Egg Noodle Recipe Pack
Keto Asian Flavours have created Egg Noodles that are taking the Keto world by storm. These are the closest substitute for keto spaghetti or egg noodles, nearly zero carbs and naturally gluten-free. And after getting the difficult to find gastronomy ingredients, we can now offer you the convenience of making your own using a pre-mix.
As well as being value for money ($4.50 for 300g of noodles) these are such fun to make. Using molecular gastronomy will blow your mind and it's pretty much guaranteed to put a smile on your face :)
By the way, this pairs really well with our Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce!
How to make:
- Add one noodle mix sachet to 1.5 Cups of water in a blender and blitz until thick
- Pour the noodle mixture into a squeezy bottle and bump gently to encourage bubbles to come up. Put in the fridge while you are making the bath.
- In a bowl, dissolve one calcium bath sachet into 3.5 Cups of water.
- Scrape any bubbles off the mixture in the squeezy bottle.
- Holding the bottle in one hand, with your other hand stir the solution in the calcium bath in a circular direction.
- Squeeze the bottle so the noodle mixture pours out near the side of the bowl. Give space for the gel wall to form and the noodles will cook in the bath.
- Strain the noodles and to complete making your meal, just warm the noodles through with your favourite dish.
In the recipe twin pack: 2 x noodle mix (including all the optional ingredients like lupin and turmeric because it makes far superior noodles) and 2 x calcium bath mix. The squeezy bottle for the perfect noodle extraction is an optional extra available for purchase too.
Serving sizes: Each sachet of the noodle mix makes 300g which will feed 2-3 people or combine both packs to make a large 600g family serve.
Ingredients: Egg yolk powder, Sodium Alginate, Lupin flour, Sea salt, Xanthan gum, Turmeric powder. Calcium Chloride for the bath. Allergens: contains egg and lupin.
What's super cool about these noodles is the texture is perfectly on point for egg noodles because they do not contain vital wheat gluten, oat fibre, psyllium husk, almond flour or coconut flour.
Noodle Macros per 100gm when made: Net Carbs 0.1g, Energy 120kJ, Protein 1.7g, Fat 2g, Saturated 0.7g, sugars 0g, Dietary Fibre 0.6g and Sodium 4mg
Storage of noodles: Put the noodles into an airtight container and use the liquid from the calcium bath to cover them. Over time they will harden up, so use the method and ingredients below to soften them before eating. Click here to see a video about storing egg noodles, using the kelp noodles as an example.
Softening noodles: After you've stored the noodles, you may wish to soften them back up before using. Ingredients you’ll need (per 1-2 serving) 3 Cups hot tap water, 2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice and 1 Tablespoon of baking soda* Click here to see a video how to soften egg or kelp noodles